22 Nov 2011

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie

So we were all feeling a bit sad that two out of the four sisters are spending Christmas with the in-laws so we decided to have a fake Christmas this past weekend. Since it isn't even December we decided to call it thanksgiving (plus my sister Gems is obsessed with the US of A, she is also obsessed with dessert bars so we had a pie bar!)
My contribution was mini pumpkin pies. I luckily had the mini pie tins (brought for £6 each at TKMaxx) from our Come Dine with Me. I used the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin pie tins and it worked a treat, for once I avoided the urge to over spice the pies and they were very tasty served with a dollop of vanilla infused cream. For fellow Brits I sourced the Libby's pure pumpkin at Waitrose but they only stock it around this time of year.

LIBBY'S® Famous Pumpkin Pie

LIBBY'S PUMPKIN 
This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. This classic recipe has been on LIBBY'S® Pumpkin labels since 1950. This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.

Ingredients

Directions

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

POUR into pie shell.

BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.


To see more of the delicious pies and treats head over to my sister Gem's blog. In the meantime I will leave you with the full spread...
Happy thanksgiving to my American followers (for Thursday) and welcome to my new followers. I really do appreciate all the comments and all the hits - it gives me a buzz after a gruelling day at school!

P.S Do you like the new look? Gems pimped my blog over the weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...