1 Dec 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Our head made a bad call today and got us all in to only send everyone home an hour later. But instead of being able to snuggle back into bed or get my scrap on instead we had a three hour commute on a normally 15 minute route. Ridiculous. So if any of you fellow Brits are also snowed in here is a challenge to warm the cockles of your heart: I went with the line about toil and trouble and got to scrap this pic I have been wanting to scrap for a while. I was very pleased with the purple and orange colour scheme and the scalloped border. I then paper pieced a pumpkin and heat embossed black sparkles round the edge.
Last night I ran a scrapping class at my local youth club and the girls were very excited about brads and glimmer mist. I think it's a fab hobby to get into and I only got into it when I was 15 by one of my youth club leaders who spent six months of the year in America and brought us over lots of stash. Now it is more readily available and the techniques are more sophisticated - I die when I see my early attempts!

1 comment:

  1. love your pumpkin and the purple/orange colour combo works great on this page. Did you make the spider? love the title font too! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...