24 Dec 2010

Not a creature was stirring...

My parents are out doing last min shopping and the hubster is in bed with man flu so I have a few moments to myself to post a couple of pics and the one layout I have managed at my parents with the limited stash I brought with me. This is completed for twisted sketches and the twist was celebrate - so I thought of Arne's birthday where we ate carrot cake with our good friends. I went for the title low key as this is the type of "party" my shy husby prefers than the big party I threw him! Here is my mom showing just how cold it is here in Shropshire...
Our tree which we haggled down from £30 to £12 - Lord Sugar would have been proud! Mom keeps complaining that it is a bit thin on top, but for that price who can complain?!
Yesterday we had a lovely day out running errands with my mom. We stopped for lunch at a delicious carvery called The Four Alls. Check out how high our plates were loaded!
Lastly don't forget to enter my one year blogiversary RAK here. There is a treat for scrappers and a treat for bakers up for grabs.
Merry Christmas Eve!

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas : )
    Great page.Love all those flowers.
    You have so much snow. Ours is at that brown dirty stage. Not so attractive.
    Have a great Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your tree, I love how real ones look wonky or misshaped - its the bit that I miss about artificial ones, that and the smell!! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the LO, the stickers are awesome and match the striped colours so well, and we love the embossed journalling stamp. Mar wants to know if you made those flowers? And also where are the rest of the tree decorations? We have tons more than that! Could you not find them cause of all my stuff in the attic? Lol, your hair looks nice...loving the festive jumpers. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! Xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel, just love your tree and love your mum showing the temp. A great idea. Here in Australia we had a temp of about 30 degs. cels. which I think is about 90 deg. farn.
    Love the idea of RAK and I would love to win the scrapping one. Hope xmas day was just as good for you as for us over here

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute LO! :) I love the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like "low key" birthdays for myself too...but go all out for my kiddos...funny how that works :)
    You Lo is supper fun couldn't tell your on limited supplies...Awesome job and it looks like your family is having a blast together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job with the Twisted Sketch!!! Happy Holidays!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...