12 Oct 2010

Painting on pages...

So I have been getting messy and having fun with the paints. This layout is a few snaps I took with my new instax mini camera on my birthday. I love this AC hearts paper which is embossed and has sparkles in it too - v.pretty! The cupcake embellie was on my mom's pressie for me. Quite a plain layout for me. I thought it needed a border and added some hot pink paint -I am not convinced by the colour combo, I should have mixed the pink with some white paint to make it a bit more subtle. Next a very different layout for me. A pic of *most* of my family on Christmas day in the snow - yay! I thought the stripes contrasted well with the checks and then stapled a whole variety of ribbons onto the pic. My title is masked and then coloured in to make it stand out - I like the contrast with the red, glittery thickers.
I have a feeling this week is going to d-r-a-g. Last week flew by as it was my birthday and every day there was new surprise or something to look forward to. I am going to see my parents this weekend - I am super excitied as haven't seen them for literally months. Not even the whole six weeks holidays. They are feeling very neglected. Mom has mentioned the possibilty of watching Annie at the theatre is Shrewsbury friday night too - how exciting!
What are your plans for the weekend? Come on lurkers - reveal yourselves....

2 comments:

  1. So you finally got the instax camera working then! like the pages - love all the different ribbons stapled to the picture. You've still got my present to look forward to! I wanted to post it today but only finished work at 5.30 - will definitely post it tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very fun weekend is planned for you, you lucky thing. No plans yet for me, but Sunday is the big clear out ready for Christmas...yay! Just noticed you are a follower on my blog so I thought I would come and stop by, say hello and have a look around. I love the layouts, so bright and funky! A look I just cannot 'work' myself.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...