Some highlights this month:
- your big cheesy grin
- your giggle like Muttley in the Wacky Races
- your friend Asher trying to give you kisses, but coming away horrified when you tried to lick him
- you have started to make sounds like 'dadada' and 'owdear'
- first ride on a swing. You're a fan just like I was!
- a fun day out to Leeds Museum
- lots of play dates
- your first taste of ice-cream. Again you're a big fan!
- your first two teeth breaking through
- a fun weekend at the grandparents involving a visit to a soft play centre
- a few little solo cruises along the sofa
- you attended a first birthday party
- Pulling yourself up to standing on anything - the high chair, the toilet (especially gross), your pram, your car seat, the table cloth. Clearly many of these things are not secure and so there are plenty of bumps and bruises.
- Pulling all of the books off the bookshelf.
- Pulling magazines, cups and mail off the table.
- Trying to eat cables.
- Getting stuck between the sofa and the wall.
- Pulling the internet cable out of the wall.
- Pulling yourself up onto the bath taps in the bath.
- Diving in and out of your playring.
- Banging your bottle on your cot bars when you want some attention in the morning.
- Trying to scratch out my friends' babies eyes (yikes!)
- Pulling mummy's hair very tightly.
- Pulling daddy's nose and diving on him when asleep (I actively encourage this one.)
- Waking up and wanting hour long cuddles at 2 a.m.
You have also mastered sitting up this month, as you seemed to bypass this and go straight to crawling. You're very cute when you sit up and it means you can play 'more nicely' with your toys instead of just crawling over them all. Also you sit up in the bath and this is very cute too.
But with a smile like this I think you're going to get away with murder:
Happy eight months buddy!