4 Mar 2016

Project Life // Week Two


So this week I was inspired after watching some of the Kelly Purkey process videos. I decided I liked the look of square corners - not such a great discovery when you have lots of cards with rounded corners. So I turned to an old 6 by 6 pad by Dear Lizzie (Serendipity) and enjoyed making my own cards.


The photos and stories on the left side are all about my first week flying solo with two kids. I planned a whole day based around the letter A where we read books about airplanes, made alphabet puzzles and paper airplanes, ate apple and did some art work and so the top two rows show the pictures and tell the story of this. I love the candid shot of them bottom right as this is us right now - too much screen time so I can feed The Baby.


I used the Project Life app to make the collage and then got it printed on free prints. If you choose not to pay the extra for a square print you just have to trim the edges of your 4 by 6 to get the square photo.


I trimmed the 'just us' card to get the square edges - another tip from Kelly.  I like to use the existing phrases and sentiments as little titles and journaling prompts.


The right hand side has pictures and stories about our monthly pass to Wacky Warehouse, The Toddlers obsession with profiteroles and The Baby's weekly update.


These pictures are printed from the free prints app as well. I stamped (badly - I keep meaning to redo it) the weekly card and used one of my many date stamps.


I used staples, little sentiments and letter stickers to embellish this side. 


Be back soon with week 3... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...