20 Sept 2011

Nectar of the God's...

Best Belgian biscuit...

 It's like Christmas in a biscuit, but also nutty with caramel overtones. All my fav flavours. So when the Belgian told me they make it in a spread I had to try some. Luckily he went home for a week in the holidays and brought me back two jars.
I was keen to get my bake on and so I scanned the net for recipes. I found this on The Tasty Retreat blog for some speculoos blondies. I am all brownied out as I often have to bake them for the kids at church and so I wanted to try something new. We were off to our friends house for family night with three other couples - yay for the new influx of young marrieds!! So I tried them. But was in such a rush I didn't take a pic so will nick the pic off the other blog...but I am crediting it to her.


I adjusted the recipe slightly and added chopped pecans. It was delicious. I overcooked it slightly and so the middle was fudgey and gooey and gorgeous and the edges were more like cake. It says 25 mins on the recipe but I would do it for 20.
So if any of you are planning a mini break (or maxi break for the American and Australian and other non-European bloggers) to Brussells or Brugges pick up a jar of this and let me know what you think.
Back later with more scrapping...

1 comment:

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...