21 Nov 2010

She's so lucky, she's a star!

As promised here are a few of the layouts I have been working on recently. The poem over at Scrap that Poem is about gratitude to mother earth. I thought of these pictures we took of the gorgeous autumn colours. I love my leaf brads that my sister got me and used as many as poss. I kept the layout quite plain for a change and let all the colours and textures just speak for themselves! So get on over to the blog and have a go - it's a great challenge and there is a fab prize up for grabs. In the same vein was the theme for the studio challenge which was: lucky. I immeadiately thought of these pics of how much Arne spoilt me for my birthday. I even used some of the tsash I got for my birthday including the ribbon and rhinestones. Check out the huge box of chocs in the main pic! Wow!
The journalling is all about the party he threw for me and what we did.
I combined the layout with the use of circle journalling and polka dot cardstock.
November seems to be the month for gratitude! It's always good to count your blessings...

4 comments:

  1. Yay for leaf Brads! I love the pink one too...it adds a little something extra, and I like the way you split the page a third of the way done rather than half and half which is what I always go for! And I love that you did a black and white bit of the picture popping out of the colour. Glad to see you're showing some appreciation to Arne for being so spoilt...I like the spots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages Mel - and that hubby of yours is a keeper!
    Thanks so much for joining in at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful lo's! really love the circle journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout for the The studio, thanks for playing. What a lucky girl you were!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...