22 Mar 2010

My new toys...

So I got some exciting new goodies at the Yorkshire craft show in Harrogate on Saturday. I kept walking past the hugely crowded Martha Stewart boarder punch store - it was like the zoo at feeding time! So I indulged and got two as they were a "special show price". I got the lace one and then a butterfly one. I regret the butterfly one and wish I had gone for the heart one which was my first instinct. I also got some cute new papers and a silver glimmer mist. I couldn't wait and made two whole "just because" layouts. One of our valentines meal in Liverpool. I *heart* the heart frame, but feel the layout needs something more. I love the Geek Chic one of my new glasses. I used a sketch from a scrap mag as inspiration as i liked the idea of a whole cluster of embellies and a monogram. Enjoy....

1 comment:

  1. I now see what a 'border' punch is..take note of the spelling Mrs Ide!! I'm loving the geek chic page, the polka paper is lovely and the glimmer mist title is awesome! I also like the star border and retro 'G' but would've preferred the polka button without the naff petals around it.
    I absolutely love the heart frame of your 2nd page..did you just do that with the glimmer mist? and the lace border and heart punch outs look really cool.
    I think what it needs is the word 'valentine' at the bottom of the page in the same thickers/stickers as the heading at the top so it will read 'Be mine..Valentine'
    Check out my monster cookies..they didn't go so wrong after all, still tasted good! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...