26 Aug 2014

Lately...


Okay, so since we were entertaining this bank holiday 'Me on a Monday' didn't happen but since we're still on summer hols it was a fun week and I'd like to record it for my Project Life - if nothing else! These pictures may make it look as if all we do is eat, but it has been an exceptional gastonomic week! Plus since we can't afford a week in the sun (which we're all desperate for) we decided this week would be a staycation for us. 

So it started with an epic meal at Five Guys at Manchester Trafford Centre. This was one of our fav places to eat when we road tripped in California, in our former life, and so it was a great trip down memory lane. At £20 for a burger, hot dog, large fries and a drink it is on the pricey end of burger joints, but it is a little bit special. I love that you can choose all of your toppings and so it seems more fresh than other fast food joints. 
 

Monday night we had a rare date night at The Light in Leeds. I was invited to a blogging event where you have a different course at three different restaurants. In began with drinks at Cafe Rouge, then starters at Miller and Carter. This is a steak house that we have never eaten at before, but we were very impressed. The stars of the show for me were the homemade tortilla chips, whilst The Belgian enjoyed the scallops.

Mains were at Frankie and Benny's and we were served hefty platters groaning with your Italians American favs like calzones, pasta and burgers.  I had a whole huge platter to myself, being a veggie, and I struggled to finish it all. My favourite dish was the spinach and ricotta cannelloni and The Belgian enjoyed the meatball calzones.
 

  Dessert was at Browns and they did not disappoint with the English classic Eton Mess. It was very instagram worthy - which pleased all the food bloggers in us! 


Some Project Lifing actually happened. The Babies' first birthday, which I still have to share with you all, was documented. I will share some layouts with you soon. 
 

Wednesday we brunched at the local Beefeater enticed by their kids eat free offer. There was a great choice for a cooked breakfast and for a continental breakfast. It wasn't the best breakfast I have ever had, but it was certainly filling and it hit the spot and we didn't need to eat again until tea time.


  Friday we headed into Leeds and got the Baby some new clothes for autumn - which is sneaking up on us far too quickly. In fact was that one week of sunshine in July our summer? Really! 
Below the Baby is modelling his new mustard body warmer from Baby Gap - they have 30% off at the while so its a good time to stock up. He looks like a real little boy in this and it breaks my heart.


In the afternoon, whilst the Baby napped, I did some more Project Life and was particularly impressed with how quickly and easily this little layout came together.
 

  Saturday morning we set off early for Baildon Farmers market and stocked up on the delicious brownies from Yummy Yank and fresh sourdough bread for our lunch. We let the Baby have a run around in the community gardens too. 

 

Saturday afternoon the Baby and I attended a nineties themed birthday party. I wished I still had my Spice Girlesque platform trainers and Oasis tee. My team got 45/50 in the guess the intro quiz but were pipped to the post by half a point!

  Sunday my parents and older sister arrived and we went for a walk around Yeadon Tarn. Alli likes to push him in his pram and even offered to chase the Baby round in the park for a while. 


Monday we had a girls day out in Leeds which involved shopping, sushi and smoothies. 


My favourite picture is his expression when granny wanted a goodbye kiss!


______________________________________
Linking up with the lovely Hannah over at Make Do and Push 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh! A good week for food!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...