18 May 2013

Saturday scrapping: Layouts inspired by Jennifer Grace Creates

Didn't you all just love Jennifer Grace's Onwards and Upwards blog hop last weekend?

One of her challenges was to go up, and up, and up. There was a few options and I went with the one to use a photo inspired with the idea of flight - I immeadiately thought of some photos from a trip to London earlier this year to visit my sister. We went to a food show and as we left we noticed that we were at the launch pad for the Emirates cable cars across the Thames.
I used American Crafts and other travel ranges and layered 'up' as was one of the other prompts in this challenge.

I also used the Dear Lizzie Range to create the layout below of our Mother's Day celebrations. I keep meaning to post the recipe for the honey cake pictured below top - it was so yummy and I was so impressed that I could create an actual layer cake as opposed to cupcakes. This layout was also created with the 'up' prompt in mind and I used the chevron paper to use arrows on the page. 


Lastly the above layout of our mother's day meal. I used the 'to be inspired' prompt of using triangles to create direction on a page. I used Studio Calico wood veneers and Amy Tangerine stamps to decorate this layout and some other American Crafts papers to layer it up. I have a thickers and lettering shortage at the moment and so created the title using leftovers from several sheets.
These prompts all worked well with the way that I like to scrap and I am pleased with them.

3 comments:

  1. You've really taken the 'up' theme to heart :). I live your multiphoto pages - really bright and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have some lovely elements on these pages Mel - especailly the plane paper..how cool is that! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look awesome! I love the speech bubble journaling on the first page - plus I didn't know about the cable cars so now I want to go on them!

    Love the chevrons on the second page and the mixed alphas on the last layout. You've been working hard, I'm so pleased I inspired you!

    Thanks for entering the challenges! x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...