9 May 2013

NSD with Shimelle and Two Peas and a lot of pink...


I was so excited last Saturday to be woken up with a Facebook status linking Shimelle's first challenge of the day - scrapping with pink. I recently had the gruelling task of clearing out my scrap room to turn it into a nursery and it helped me to rediscover some older supplies and put together some of my own kits. I made up a pack of pink fabric, cardstock and ribbon scraps but then wondered what pictures to use?
I don't really wear pink. I don't have any 'girl's night out' pics to scrap. I don't know if we're having a baby girl. Then I remembered a random snap my mom had sent me from her wear pink to work for Breast Cancer day - she is posing with her favourite postie! She is quite a flirt and always loves 'chatting up' the postmen.

Journalling about her charity fancy dress day and the postman of course!
Embellished with squares of different pink patterned paper and then given some dimension with Studio Calico veneers, bling and buttons.
I have to admit that I'm a little bit in love with this layout and feel that it captures the moment and my mom's fun loving personality perfectly!
______________________________________________________
 The composition was inspired by Wilna's video on twopeas

1 comment:

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...