1 Jun 2011

The king of the swingers baby...jungle V.I.P!

What was your favourite childhood toy? 
Did you collect cabbage patch dolls, Polly Pocket, barbies, beany babies or My Little Pony like me?
Well all these toys were fab, but I had no pics of them and when I think about mini Mel she was always on the swing - whether it be in the garden or at the park. 
So here she is swinging away.
Reaching for the stars - hence...

 This layout was stash lite as I used lots of my scraps. I got my trustee (and much negelected) Slice out to cut out various shaped stars. I then inked them to make them pop and pinned some down with brads. I must admit I did scraplift this idea from the latest Scrapbooksetc magazine. 

 This layout is more graphic than my usual style and I had to be very careful not to smudge the inks - I am usually a very messy scrapper! 
I must admit I can't pass a swing to this day without having a go. Perhaps I should have joined the circus!

Completed for this gorgeous blog.

7 comments:

  1. Sindy was my fave childhood toy (showing my age now lol!) like you we have no photos of them.Great layout with all those stars, we are never too old for a swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh I love love love this Mel! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and all the stars!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had lots of lovely toys, and managed to keep hold of quite a few that my daughter now plays with! She's got my old sindy house, a big collection of my little ponies, and some thundercats!

    Love all the stars on your layout, I think the graphic style works very well with the photo too! x

    P.S. have you seen my giveaway?: http://bit.ly/j3YSwi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet treasure! Thanks for playing along with Fave Things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your layout!! Great design and photo!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fave THings!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout! Love all of the stars!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Fave Things!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...