31 Aug 2010

Taking stock...

So tuesday gave me the chance to try this Twisted Sketches sketch and to scrap some of my holiday pics - double whammy!! The twist was tree and well these stocks are made from wood and I think the cardstock looks like wood too! I am loving the overall effect and am pleased with the colour scheme and the way it all came together. I edged it in yellow acrylic paint as I always like pages to pop with a border. This is one of my fav magpie moment homemade embellies - the flower. The petals are made foam packaging and then the bud is a yellow button and topped off with a rhinestone.
These are my fab new stamps that I used for the title and I think it adds to the feel of the layout.
I relied most heavily on Lisa's sketch as I really liked the scallops and all her little journalling spots. Tomorrow is hump day and a step closer to back-to-school madness so I am scrapping as much as I can whilst I have the spare time! xox

4 comments:

  1. Great take on this Twisted Sketch! love your hand-made flower! looks fantastic! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yellow borders and the flowers too..
    Thanks for playing along with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along at Twisted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool LO, thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...