I always seem to do these updates sporadically, rather than on specific but today I am in time for his third birthday . But I am always glad when I do publish them as you think you will remember all the little things, but already his first year is becoming hazy in my mind and now confused with his sister so some things I want to remember about this age...
For me it is the best age. The terrible two tantrums have calmed down and you make me laugh all the time. You've lost the baby cheeks and dimples and now you've grown into a solid little boy, you look light but are very heavy - must be all the muscles.
Your favourite things to do:
* Go really fast on your scooter down a hill
* Make 'fwends' with older boys at the park or soft play and join in their games
* Complete puzzles for 5 year olds
* Play with other peoples toys
* Make up little stories using his Batman legos or dinosaurs
* Watch tv - especially 'wetwix' and youtube which you call 'game' as you watch it on the tablet and you used to use the tablet to play cbeebies games but now you're all about Thomas and Friends stop motions, Ryan's toy review and watching other people play computer games
* Be chased and play hide and seek - your hiding skills have vastly improved from when you used to hide behind the curtains every time. You barely cover your eyes and say, "1,2,6,9,10 ready I come!" Plus if you don't find him quick enough he shouts, "I'm here!" or just pops out from his hiding place.
* You're obsessed with ghosts and monsters and every random noise is always one or the other.
Your speech has improved a lot this year and you've progressed from saying a few words and phrases to sentences. Some of my favourite things that you have said lately, "mummy I yike your tshirt." "Rara is my favourite." You call upstairs downstairs and nothing will change your mind about that. You sing along to all your favourite cartoon theme tunes and often only actually know a few words and just sing them really loudly - its very cute.
Your favourite foods are pasta, sausages, fish fingers, chips, pineapple, toast and porridge. When I say we're going to the supermarket you say, "supermarket?Popcorns, sweets, guagagine (magazine) ..."
Your best friends are Nancy and Annabel as you see them the most. You also like playing with your other nursery friends Jessica, Huxley, Miriam and the 'twins'. You love 'Sasher' (Asher) too and go swimming with him and Jon and the 'gerls' every Saturday morning.
Quiz your toddlers: Ellis at 2 3/4
What's your name? Ellis
How old are you? Two
When is your birthday? Batman
How old is your mummy? Umm…
How old is your daddy? Daddy sleep
What's your favourite colour? Blue
What's your favourite food? (Big pause) Pasta
Who's your bestfriend? Mia
What's your favourite tv programme? Wescue Bots
What's your favourite film? Monsters Inc
What's your favourite song? Popcorn Popping and Twinkle Twinkle
What's your favourite animal? Wions
What are you scared of? Doggy
What makes you happy? Puzzle
You really are such a fun, lively and charming little boy. Parenting you can be exhausting as you're so full of energy and love to run off in public places. However our lives would not be the same without you in it. You are the loveliest big brother and really make your sister laugh and are always very concerned when she's crying etc. We are so blessed to have you in our family!