I think there are many reasons - mostly relating to the baby growing in my belly.
- feeling too sick and lethargic to do anything more creative than channel and web surf
- barely having any photo's from the last few months
- especially lacking pictures of Christmas - where I was being sick a few times a day
- realising a distinct lack of storage space and rapidly accumulating scrap albums
- trying to clear out my scrapbooking room - ready to transform into a nursery
I will post the top four here to share with you all and to commit myself to completing at least two!
1) Firstly since we don't want to find out the sex of the baby we have decided that colour scheme will be yellow and grey with polka dots and a jungle theme. I loved these spray painted and decorated zoo animals over at Spearmint baby and think this would be a fun project and would look great displayed on the window still or book shelf. With yellow and grey accents of course.
2) For me the most ambitious project (since I am useless with a sewing machine) and the one I will probably save for nearer to the birth when I may be able to get some direction from the lovely textiles teacher at my school. I love this honeycomb material - any ideas where to source it in England? Elephants and giraffes are going to feature most heavily in the decor. The tutorial is found here at Sew 4 Home.3) I love this shadow box idea from Our Day by Design. I have ordered some elephants punched out in greys, blues and yellows from ebay - cheaper than the actual Martha Stewart punch which is £15. I just need to get the shadow box - I seem to think that Ikea stock these quite cheaply? Am I right?
4) And lastly the project I will be tackling first I think is this animal painted canvas - here is the youtube link. I brought the supplies yesterday and have printed the pictures off ready to roll. I think I might make the silouette with material and have ordered some grey and yellow fat quarters off ebay this morning. So it may look more like this...
So there you have it. I do pin a lot, but I also try to actually make some of the things I pin. Hopefully I will have some projects to share with you all by the end of the week,