11 Aug 2013

Sunday Scrapping

I loved this shot of all my family (bar my forever travelling little sis and bro-in-law) enjoying a Sunday roast at our house on the May bank holiday. I wanted the photo to be the focus and to build lots of layers around it. I mainly used Amy Tan and American Crafts supplies so that it all coordinated.
Plus I used some of my new black and neon pink star washi - I'm a little bit in love with it. Expect to see if on future layouts - lots!
To embellish the left hand side I layered up punches and used the negative of my heart punch to build layers and interest. This was inspired by Shimelle's challenge here.


Secondly I made this layout, with a picture of my sister and I by the canal, from that same bank holiday weekend. I used a challenge of Shimelle's from UK scrappers and then didn't upload it and edit it in time to enter the challenge so was so pleased that as part of her scrapping challenge weekend she said to chose an old sketch challenge to enter - perfect!
I love, love, love these glitter thickers that my sister picked up for me in the US and am already running low on vowels and all the usual fav letters like 's' and 'l'. I embellished by fussy cutting these floral circles from an Amy Tan 12 by 12 sheet of cardstock. Excuse the poor image - click on it for a closer look.


Do you all find that you scrap / craft less in the summer as you are too busy making the memories rather than scrapping them?


6 comments:

  1. I find i scrap less in the summer...probably as we are outside more x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you use your supplies really enhances your photos - your pages are so nicely coordinated. I scrap all year round - just recording the days :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You coordinate your supplies so well that your pages turn out beautifully. I scrap all year round, just recording life as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Alexa said :)

    I like scrapping in the evenings in the summer because the light is good, but yes it can be hard to get the chance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages. I didn't expect to find you so productive right now. The little one must be especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, these are so cool. I love the colours you used.
    I want to scrap during the summer. The mojo is there but sadly not the time. I hope you are enjoying your weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of the comments - they fuel my blog. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...